For people who love fried fish, this is a fried indian mackerel recipe with some spices and chilli to enhance the taste of this seasonal fish. With the same recipe you may try it out with other seasonal fish such as sardine, anchovy, cencaru and etc.
Time: 15 mins
Difficult level: easy
- 2 medium sized indian mackerels (ikan kembong), cleaned and gutted.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon ginger garlic paste.
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste).
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1/2 tablespoon vinegar.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying.
- Lime wedges for garnishing.
Step by step:
- Get ready a cleaned and gutted Indian Mackerel, keep it whole and make 2 or 3 diagonal slits along it's length on both sides.
- Mix ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, lime juice/vinegar and salt in a bowl.
- Apply the marinade to the fish, making sure that it gets into the slits. Allow it marinate for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan till shimmering. Slide in the marinated mackerel and fry on a medium flame for about 4 minutes on each side till golden brown, taking care not to break the skin while flipping.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of lime.