Grill fish can be one of the healthy cooking method to eat fish. Also it is quite easy to prepare especially for people who has a very busy lifestyle. Try this at home anytime you feel like having a simple meal.
Time: 15 mins
Difficult level: easy
- 4 (110g each) fish fillets with skin on or thick fleshed fish fillets
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 limes (sliced)
Candle nut sauce
- 30ml cooking oil
- 250g red capsicum (deseeded and diced)
- 50g candle nuts (Kacang Lilin; crushed)
- 5g Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 3 chilli peppers (deseeded and halved (add more if desired)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (bruised and finely chopped)
- 2cm galangal (finely chopped)
- 80g shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (deseeded and diced)
- 100ml Coconut Milk
- 10m Sweet Soy Sauce (Kicap Manis)
Step by step:
- In a fry pan, heat 15ml of cooking oil over high heat and stir-fry for 3 mins the capsicum, lime leaves, chilli, lemon grass, galangal, shallot, chilli peppers and tomato.
- Reduce heat and add in coconut milk, sweet soy sauce and lime juice and simmer for 10 mins so that the sauce thickens.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper and fry for 8 mins, turning once.
- Serve the fried haddock drizzled with 2 large spoon fulls of hot candle nut sauce and sliced lime on the side