How To Cook Grouper / Snapper Head
- 1.3kg garoupa fish head
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
- 1tbsp rice wine
- Ginger Paste
- 100g old ginger, preferably Bentong ginger, sliced
- 30g garlic, peeled
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 2sprigs coriander
- 2tbsp rice wine
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 1tsp chicken stock powder
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 1/2tsp cornflour
- Coriander leaves , spring onion curls and chilli curls.
- Rinse fish head well and wipe dry. Season with the salt, pepper and rice wine. Set aside for 25 minutes.
- Blend the old ginger, garlic, shallots and coriander in an electric blender to a fine paste. Add the seasoning and mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and fry the ginger paste briefly, until fragrant. Dish out.
- Place fish head in a heatproof shallow plate and steam for 10 minutes over high heat. Remove from heat and carefully drain away the steaming liquid.
- Spoon the prepared ginger paste over the fish head and steam over high heat for 12 minutes, or until cooked.
- Garnish fish head with coriander leaves, spring onion curls and chilli curls.
#seafood #grouper #fishhead #howtocookfishhead