We saw this recipe from a food blog some time ago and we decided to make our own version of it. This is a mouth watering dish to those who love a little spicy food and it is best to eat with rice.
Time: 20 mins
Difficult level: easy
- 2 medium size potatoes, peel the skin and cut into 3cm cubes or your preferred size
- 30 gm anchovies ( Ikan bilis )
- pinch of Salt and sugar to taste
- 5 - 6 dried chilli
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 1 cup of sambal paste
- Fry both anchovies and potatoes into golden brown and set aside.
- Get ready another frying pan and heat some cooking oil.
- Add in the garlic, dried chilli and sambal paste till the oil rise.
- Add in water, salt and sugar. Mix well and let it came to a boil.
- Add in pototoes and mix well then cook it till became a little dry and oil rise.
- Lastly, add in the fried anchovies and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot with white rice.