The Tongue Fish is also called as Ikan Lidah in Malay and in Mandrin we called it " long she" (龙舌）because the shape of the fish is in flat form and the fin rays along the edges just about all the way around.
At Sekinchan, I believe you are very often to see this Semi Boiling Tongue Fish dish on the recommendation board. Deep fried and boiling are very popular in Chinese cooking method.
Deep fried will make the fish crunchy and boiling will bring the soup deep into the the fish and give you a more juicy sensation. You can cook with vegetable and light soya sauce or bean paste.
Chinesecookingrecipes have suggested below mixture cooking method, with only 15 mins! Let's try it now!
Servings: 4-6 Persons
- 3 pieces Tongue Fish (龙舌) *** Or called FlatFish
- 1 tea spoon Salt
- 150 mls Oil *** For Deep Fried the fish
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Slices Ginger
- 1/2 Stalk Green Onion
- 1/2 Stalk Parsley
- 2 Table Spoons Bean Paste
- 1 cup Water
- 1 table spoon Oil
Image source: chinesecookingrecipes.net
Step by step:
- Remove the gills and scale of 3 pieces Tongue Sole Fish. It is very delicate so needs to be handled carefully. Cut into 3 pieces of each Tongue Sole Fish. Pour one teaspoons of salt on the surface of the fish. Then deep fried it with 150ml of oil at a wok/pan until turn golden color both sid
- Cut a tomato, 4 pieces of ginger, one stalks of green onion and parsley.
- Ready 2 table spoons of bean paste (Tauccu).
- Heating a wok/ pan with one table spoons oil, put in the ginger and bean paste for stir frying for a while. Then mix in tomatoes, and a cup of water until boiled. After that, put in the deep fried fish, green onion and parsley for boiling around 1 minutes before ready to serve on plate.
**Recipe from chinesecookingrecipes.net