Steamed Prawns with Shaoxing Wine and Egg White “花雕蛋白蒸虾”
Servings: 3 to 4 persons
Difficulty level: Beginner
8 to 12 (about 320 to 480 g) sea prawns, deveined and cleaned
2 (about 75 ml) egg white
75 ml water
2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
15 g ginger, julienned
Spring onion, chopped
- Combine egg white, water, Shaoxing wine, salt, and sugar. Lightly whisk and mix until well combined. Set aside
- Devein prawns with a toothpick and clean them.
- Place prawns in a heatproof dish.
- Top prawns with julienned ginger.
- Steam prawns for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Remove prawns from wor. Do not remove any liquid from the steamed prawns – that’s GOLD!
- Pour egg white mixture around the prawns. Remove any bubbles.
- Tip: Cover dish with heatproof cling wrap. This will ensure you a silky smooth steamed egg surface.
- Return to the steamer for 8 on high heat or until egg is set. Time may vary depending on your flame and dish type – Metal dishes cook faster than ceramic dishes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve while it’s hot. Enjoy!
Full detail recipe from https://www.cookingclub.co/steamed-prawns-with-shaoxing-wine-and-egg-white/