Servings: 2 - 4
Time: 30 mins
Difficult Level: Beginner
- 2 medium size whole pomfrets, cleaned
- Salt to taste 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¾ cup hung yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon red chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Butter as required
Step by step:
- Make incisions on both side of the pomfrets and place on a plate. Sprinkle salt, drizzle 1 tablespoon lemon juice and add ½ teaspoon chilli powder and turmeric powder and rub well on both sides. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Take hung yogurt in a bowl. Add ginger-garlic paste, remaining chilli powder, garam masala powder, chilli paste, salt and remaining lemon juice and mix well. Add 1 tablespoon oil and mix.
- Add the marinated pomfrets and coat well with the marinade. Set aside to marinate for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat some butter on a non-stick tawa. Place the marinated pomfrets and shallow-fry till evenly done from both sides and the fish is fully cooked.
- Transfer on a serving platter. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with lemon slices
Video from Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana